Openwork are undertaking a strategic change to increase maturity in Data Management and Management Information, by creating a new Agile team to focus on Data Warehousing and Reporting (DWH&R). The aim is to make a dramatic improvement in capability that will:
- organise, structure and manage data assets in order to accurately understand business performance.
- introduce a single source of trusted accurate data, available to everyone that needs it.
- deliver data in a modern digital interface.
- allow users to easily navigate to their business data, and to “slice” the information they need.
The DWH&R team will be using the latest tools and technology from Microsoft, including Azure storage solutions, Azure Data Factory along with SSIS, PowerBI, Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration / Development, and Microsoft Teams. This is an opportunity to step into an exciting development and grow with the team and Openwork from the start.
As an integral part of the multi-function DWH&R Team, the Data Designer / Modeller will provide data architecture, data design, and data modelling direction for Openwork’s data warehouse, reporting, and information systems.
- Act as the Product Owner for the data warehouse, semantic layers / data marts, and reference data solutions.
- Lead the Design and Modelling for data for Openwork data solutions.
- Produce and own the Logical Data Model for Openwork.
- Produce and own the Data Model for the new DWH using dimensional modelling techniques.
- Define mapping specifications for the data migration from legacy DWH to the new DWH.
- Produce and own the data mapping for the data warehouse reference data solution.
- Define mapping specifications for incremental data loads from various source systems into the DWH.
- Drive enforcement of Architecture Principles within change, promoting re-use through adoption of the Openwork data model.
- Provide technical direction for Data and Business Analysts on the Data Transformation rules for mapping specifications.
- Support development and Test team(s) within the programme.
What will you need to succeed?
- Experience in a commercial environment producing data models within the following subject areas:
- Relational database design.
- Data warehouse reference architectures.
- Data migration.
- MI/BI reporting.
- Experience leading data technologies, data storage solutions, data warehousing, data science and IT infrastructure design.
- Microsoft BI (full stack) expertise.
- Report and Visualisation (SSRS, SSAS, Power BI).
- Kimball Methodology.
- Azure DevOps / VSTS (desirable).
- Knowledge of the product hierarchy (desirable).
- Experience working an Agile environment.
- Experience working as a Product Owner (desirable).
- Financial Services industry experience (desirable).
- Graduate in IT or Finance related discipline (desirable).
- Strong SQL querying abilities.
- Data modelling - conceptual, logical, and physical – (e.g. eRwin Data Modeller).
- Data Mapping.
- Ability to explain complex solutions simply.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Structured and methodical approach.
- Ability to apply judgement to situations requiring balance between time and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
We’re a dynamic, fast-paced and growing business with huge ambition. And we believe this is all made possible by the brilliant people who are part of the Openwork family. We’re investing heavily in the development of our people, continuously striving to give them the platform to reach their full potential. We’re also very proud of our culture, having placed in the Top 100 Best Companies to work for 2019, coming 25th in the South West!
On top of offering a great place to work with bags of development opportunities, we also offer a highly attractive benefits package to reward you for your hard work, which includes a competitive base salary, bonus, enhanced pension, critical illness cover, income protection and a range of other flexible benefits.
To apply please submit your CV, including a note on your salary expectations and availability.