Salary: £41,106 - £61,660
As a Pension Planning Consultant, you’ll be responsible for the full advice check of both Pre-Vesting and At Retirement Occupational Pension Schemes, SIPPs and Opt Outs. Your advice will comply with both Pension Legislation and Regulation and the COBs Suitable Advice framework. You will review both the advice and the suitability of the recommendation for the end customer on behalf of the Adviser.
- Full advice check of Defined Contribution Occupational Pension Schemes for both Pre-Vesting and At Retirement cases, where there is a loss of Safeguarded Benefits, SIPPs, and Opt Outs, ensuring a full detailed analysis is completed on each case.
- Act as a point of expertise for Partners, Sales Management, QRMs and the wider business to ensure that their needs are met and any advice issues resolved.
- Completion of QA for peers.
- Alignment of Pension Planning Service process to Pension Regulation and Legislation, Financial Services market place and Openwork changes.
- Ensure consistency and quality of decisions within the team.
- Escalation of exceptions and case and/or Adviser trends.
- Identify and champion improvements to Sales Process.
- Dealing with Appeals and Adviser complaints.
- Ensure case targets and SLAs are achieved.
- Undertake all aspects of the role in an ethical, compliant, diplomatic and professional manner.
What will you need to succeed?
- Pensions Diploma (essential).
- G60 and/or AF3 and/or Certificate in Pension Transfers (desirable).
- Chartered status (desirable).
- Extensive experience within a Compliance based role in Financial Services.
- Able to handle sometimes difficult and challenging customer situations.
- Experience leading change initiatives would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of COBs product and sales process, COBs pensions regulation and legislation requirements, TCF, Data Protection and Financial Crime.
- Strong influencing skills, excellent relationship builder and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator, giving clear written and verbal advice.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to maintain composure whilst under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and delegate accordingly.
- High level of attention to detail.
We’re a dynamic, fast-paced and growing business with huge ambition. And we believe this is all made possible by the brilliant people who are part of the Openwork family. We’re investing heavily in the development of our people, continuously striving to give them the platform to reach their full potential. We’re also very proud of our culture, having placed in the Top 100 Best Companies to work for 2019, coming 25th in the South West!
On top of offering a great place to work with bags of development opportunities, we also offer a highly attractive benefits package to reward you for your hard work, which includes a competitive base salary, bonus, enhanced pension, critical illness cover, income protection and a range of other flexible benefits.
To apply please submit your CV, including a note on your salary expectations and availability.