- To provide 2nd and 3rd level fixes and support to the Openwork Service Desk on tickets relating to Openwork strategic / mission critical applications
- Lead & support other team members as a senior & experienced member of the team, including deputising for the manager when required
- Owner of services within Application Support and accountable for them being fit for purpose
- Takes lead in developing new solutions to existing problems and streamlining and enhancing the current BAU processes
- Owner of configuration changes to our core systems with business
- Full involvement with projects
Incidents 2nd Level
- Able to resolve tickets on all systems.
- Own process documents used to resolve tickets.
- Handle any escalations from more junior members.
- Review incident logs to perform trend analysis
Incidents 3rd Level
Able to resolve third level issues passed onto them from more junior team members where the existing processes do not fix the issue
Provides technical consultancy for configuration management work across the Openwork application estate
BAU Activities and Service Transitions
- Accountable for Openwork application estate and making sure it is fit for purpose
- Provides technical consultancy to the Application Support team
- Continually seek enhancements and improvements to the core Application Support BAU processes and validate suggested improvements
- Establishes and maintains operational methods and procedures in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage Service agreement checklist
- A Member of the Change Authority Board (CAB) & ensure complete adherence of Change Management process
- Document procedures for application performance monitoring
- Documents processes for Application Support
- Authors installation documents for core applications
- Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers
- Leads projects
- Influences design and development of new and changed systems and services to optimize operational efficiency
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Working to agreed incident SLAs
- Positive feedback from key stakeholders
- Solutions are ‘right first time’ (i.e. incident successfully resolved, no collateral damage)
- Ticket KPIs are in the green each month
- Monthly incident log indicates that outages for core systems are reducing in duration and quantity
- Team are able to work autonomously using procedural documents
- Delivering to project milestones and BAU commitments
- Full adherence to both the Change & problem Management processes and no failed changes
- Team works without issues when deputising for the manager
- Head Office business units e.g. PSD
- IT Management
- IT Security Manager
- IT Change Manager
- Project Managers
- Product Providers
- Represent either IT or Application Support at meetings with key 3rd party suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Be (solely) able to make risk based judgements sometimes under severe pressure e.g. Severity 1 incident service restoration
- Applies knowledge and judgement in order to prioritise own work load
- When deputising for the manager able to determine and prioritise the workload for the team
- Clearly present options, solutions and recommendations
- Where appropriate ensuring issues / problems are clearly escalated (functionally or hierarchically) to aid resolution and / or to keep stakeholders informed
- Risk and impact assess changes as a member of the Change Authority Board
- Can interpret complex information and provide informed analysis
- Microsoft: MCSE, MCSA, MTA preferred
- ITIL v3 Foundation minimum with progression on the intermediate qualifications
- Minimum 5 years IT experience on supporting mission critical business applications in a 2nd line role.
- Background in Financial Services and worked in ITIL Service Management framework
- Managing the relationships with Third Party suppliers
- At least 5 years of supporting Microsoft frameworks
Understand the technical principles and concepts used around Application Architectures
Expert knowledge of Enterprise Manager/SQL Server (including the ability to write advanced SQL queries)
Excellent technical knowledge of the following
- MS Server
- Active Directory
- IIS/Web Technologies
- Messaging tools such as Biztalk
- Application Performance Management tools
- MS Windows Operating Systems
- MS Access/Excel/Visual Basic
Ability to use and configure APMs for monitoring applications and trouble shooting
Ability to work with XML data formats and troubleshoot application code
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the technical performance of IT applications and the interworking of hardware, software and network system components.
Thorough understanding and application of Openwork / ITIL processes
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Key skills & competencies include
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical, Business and cultural awareness
- Strong mentoring and Coaching skills
- Provide Support and guidance to junior or less experienced members of staff
- Ability to think and act proactively and analytically
- Takes ownership and is accountable
- Demonstrates a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Demonstrates some leadership qualities
We understand what our Advisers and Customers need and shape our services to improve customer outcomes.
We pride ourselves on consistently providing great customer experiences.
We have a ‘can do’ team spirit and are united by a shared vision for Openwork and we play our part in achieving it
We genuinely collaborate across teams to ensure that happens
Agile, flexible and collaborative working practices help us drive greater efficiencies.
We always act with integrity and do the right thing.
We inspire trust with our ethical and transparent approach.
We use our expertise to develop innovate solutions for our customers.
We strive to be thought leaders who stand out from our competitors.
Working at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety and Financial Conduct Authority Standards
Working at all times in accordance with procedures, group/company policy, company security policy and processes
Characteristics and confidence to be;
- Able to make (sometimes critical) decisions with minimal supervision. Has to be able to work (and deliver) unsupervised, does not need to be micro managed
- Lead by example
- Well organised, able to deputise for Application Support Manager when required
- Able to provide clear options for improvement, provide solutions to sometimes complex technical issues
- Able to work (and influence) across internal & external technical teams at a senior level. The ability to translate / convey technical information to a non-technical audience