Responsible for the pre-approval of At Retirement cases for drawdown and annuities as well as SIPPs for the Openwork Network for COB business. Ensuring these cases comply with Openwork’s Suitable Advice framework, feeding back to Advisers the decision reached and the rationale behind this. To review and sign off of both the advice and the suitability reports for this products.
As a PPS Consultant you will also be working on both pre-approval of pre-vesting DC pension schemes in conjunction with a team Pension Transfer Specialist (PTS) who ultimately signs off these cases.
We are also engaged with Pension Transfer Specialists in the current pre-approval Sales Process of transferring existing deferred DB pension schemes.
- You will have responsibility for case checking of Pre-Authorisation of at retirement cases, annuities and SIPPs, with a view to completing a detailed analysis of each case.
- Additional work with involve case checking of pre-vesting DC pension scheme cases, with the eventual decision being made by the PTS.
- Completion of QA for team colleagues.
- Act as a point of expertise for Partner’s, Sales Management & the wider business to ensure that their needs are met & issues resolved
- Undertake all aspects of the role in an ethical and compliant manner
- Alignment of Pension Planning Service (PPS) process to regulatory, market and Openwork changes
- Technical Input
- Ensure case targets and SLAs are achieved
- Ensure consistency and quality of decisions
- Escalation of exceptions and case/Adviser trends
- Identify and champion improvements
- Input of Appeals and Adviser complaints
Build and maintain professional and effective relationships with the following stakeholder groups.
- PAs and Paraplanners
- Practice Principles
- Practice Supervisors
- Sales Process
- Sales Review Team
- Learning and Development
- Advice Quality Team
The following qualification is essential
The following qualification is advantageous
The following experience is essential:
- Minimum of 5 years within Financial Services
- Dealing with difficult customer situations
The following experience is advantageous:
- Leading change initiatives
Knowledge of the following is essential:
- COBS product and sales process
- COBS regulatory requirements
- Data Protection
- Anti Money Laundering
Knowledge of the following is advantageous:
Openwork or other AR networks
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Clear written and spoken communication skills
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Able to maintain composure whilst under pressure
- Good delegation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Good listening skills
Adhere to Openwork’s CORE behavioural values:
- Customer Centric – Add value to the Openwork business by building relationships with internal customers. Is helpful, professional and accurate when dealing with external organisations
- One Team – builds relationships and understanding both within and beyond the team; assists others and asks for help when needed
- Right-Minded Thinking – acts with integrity and maintains the control framework of the business; looks for opportunities for improvement
- Extraordinary – goes above and beyond the norm; is innovative and willing to step outside their comfort zone
A high level of integrity balancing all of our Stakeholders interests.
Working at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety and Financial Conduct Authority Standards.
Working at all times in accordance with procedures, group/company policy and processes.
Does what is right not what is easy.